I eat oatmeal for breakfast every morning with milk and a banana. No sugar though. It gives me energy, and keeps me full. It helps me lose weight. My husband says it has too many carbs, but it works for me! Oatmeal is one of the healthiest food that you can eat. Just remember portion control.
There are always health benefits of eating oatmeal.
- It lowers cholesterol
- Helps you lose weight
- Reduces constipation
- Lowers blood sugar
- Protects against heart disease
- Loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Gives you energy and helps digestion
- Can help with skin conditions, and is found in skin care products.
- Help your immune system since they contain zinc and selenium
- Good source of iron
- Help your gut produce healthy bacteria
- Reduces the risk of childhood asthma