I love swimming. It is a great way to cool off in the summer. It is super fun. I’m been an advid swimmer since I was 6, and took swimming lessons. I have back pain from my job but the water takes the weight off your joints so it is great exercise for someone with arthritis.
Some health benefits of swimming are:
- It’s a full body work out
- Takes pressure off your joints. Supports 90% of your body weight.
- Improves your heart health
- Makes you stronger and tones muscles
- Burns calories
- Gives you energy
- You don’t break a sweat!
- Strengthens your lungs!
- Good option for asthmatics, people with M.S. or that are disabled.
- Helps you sleep
- Refreshing on a hot day!
- Getting Vitamin D from the sun! Use sun block if you need