Where I live, sometimes, we can get quiet a bit of snow. Last year we had a blizzard. I think we had 4 feet of snow. I was able to drive to work in the blizzard, but I will never risk my life like that again.
It is very important to make sure your car is ready for the snow. You need to be safe!
- First make sure you have good windshield wipers. They are very cheap and easy to put on. You can go to AutoZone, and ask them to put them on for you. It is important to have wipers at wipe all the snow off, and not to have your vision blocked.
- Make sure you windshield wiper fluid is full, and stays full all winter. You can’t drive if your windshield is dirty and you can’t see. I get the de-icer kind. It’s so helpful. It’s an additive to the regular windshield washer fluid.
- Get new tires! I change my tires every 25,000 miles, but you can go up to 50,000 miles. Have your car checked out and ask them how much tread you have on your tires! Get mud and snow tires, possibly studded tires, if you live in a snowy area. I get new tires every year because I work in healthcare and I have to show up. One year I got brand new tires, and I made it to work, and drove 20 miles in a bad blizzard. I think there was two feet of snow already and it was just coming down. I not going to risk my life again like that. I had to stay the night at work.
- Pack a winter safety kit. Keep a blanket and a jacket in your trunk. You never know what can happen, and you can be stuck in a blizzard.
- Keep your tires full and check your tire pressure.
- Always keep at least half of a gas tank in case you get stranded.
This is what I do. Stay safe this winter!
Pin on Pinterest:Sincerley by Michelle gast